I may also post on the following topics: health and nutrition; detoxing; fasting; juicing; smoothies; kitchen tips and tricks; frugality; caring for the environment; gardening; nature; all-natural skin and hair care; all-natural cleaning for the home. You get the idea. :)

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Red potatoes and kale ~ 09-03-2013



I cut red potatoes into eighths and steamed them.  I then used the same pot to steam the kale after transferring the steamed potatoes into a skillet with a little bit of olive oil.  I steamed the kale, then added it to the skillet with the potatoes.  I wanted to brown the potatoes, but didn't leave them in long enough for them to brown.  I decided they would be good enough just like this.  And they were.  I chopped some garlic and tossed it in and gave the whole thing a few more minutes.

Simple, easy, and sooo delicious!
This was served with fish sticks.  (There was nothing special about the fish sticks; they were just a processed food item that was easy to heat up in the oven.)

1 comment:

  1. hmmm I've done red potatoes and green beans but never thought of mixing kale in there! Great idea, will try this!!

    ReplyDelete